Monday, October 3, 2011

Just another Monday...

So today was the first actual nice day of fall in…oh about a month. No rain, the sun was shining (for a good portion of the day), so it automatically puts me in a good mood. Even for a Monday.

Nothing could go wrong. Well a few things did go wrong, like I spilt coffee on my jeans…AGAIN and also almost fell asleep multiple times in my ACS lecture, AKA the class that every freshman at this university seems to be taking. Way to go…me.

But other than that, life seemed to be going well. I come home from class and am walking to my apartment, sighing heavily with happiness when all of the sudden I feel an immense pressure of something hitting me in the shoulder/neck/head area. Not only was it extremely painful, but also extremely embarrassing. It was a basketball, nonetheless.

Now I know, this isn’t the first time in the history of the world that anyone has ever gotten hit with a ball of some sort. In fact, I get hit with them annually. This time it was pretty awful though.

Plus the guy that accidentally hit me also of course was super cute. Inside my mind many things would have happened. He would run over all Ashton Kutcher/Matthew McConaughey-like and ask me if I was okay. He would then smile at me with his big pearly perfect smile. He would buy me a coffee or an ice cream cone where we would talk about our interests. He would love dogs, music, and he would even hold the door for me. He would want to see me every day for the rest of his life because “when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with someone you want the rest of your life to start right now” (When Harry Met Sally), that kind of thing. We would get married and everyone would be so happy for us. We would live in a suburb with a chocolate lab and a Volvo and our two perfect children. He would dote on me and at our 50th anniversary party we would joke about that fateful day we met when he nailed me in the upper body region with a basketball. It would be love at first sight.

But that is what happens in movies.

This is Kaitie Nock’s life. A life filled with people hitting me while in turn accidentally injuring me but I laugh and pretend everything is okay because that is what I’ve been trained to do by society.

Instead the guy’s friend fights off laughter while the guy yells over to me “sorry! Can you toss it back please?”

Hey, at least he said sorry…and please. Still…not husband material.

I weakly throw the ball back and continue on my journey. The truth of the matter is that there is no such thing as Asthon Kutcher or Matthew McConaughey in real life. Those are movie characters. They also happen to be very cheesy movie characters that are constantly there to save the day. Now I’m not saying that there aren’t nice guys out there! There sure as hell are, and I’ve seen it. I’m just saying that they don’t seem to find me.

No, I’m stuck with guys that hit me with athletic equipment.

At least I have my pride.

Until next time,

Kaitie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment