Monday, October 17, 2011

Older Blog That I Just Found

Hey all! Hope everyone is having a great Monday (not likely, I know, but I'm allowed to say it still). Currently, my internet is not working in my apartment which blows big ones. It's a hard life when you can't check your facebook, twitter, blogger (wink, wink!), yahoonews, imdb, youtube, dsw.com, weatherchannel.com, bank account, hbogo.com (so I can watch True Blood over and over and over) and any other obscure website that I shouldn't be on because of my crap ton of homework due.

Anyways, so since my internet was not working I decided to look through some of my old saved files in mydocuments and clean it out, once again, anything to avoid doing homework. So while looking through I found a blog I made from my freshman year of college, which was 2 years ago. I realized not much has changed since then. So I decided to share it all with you again, here it is:

**NOTE: This was written in the beginning of spring semester, dead of winter, and I had all day classes starting at 8am, life was hard....ok continue...


First off, like most human beings on earth I despise Mondays. The reasons that people hate Mondays are unexplainable. There’s just something about waking up at the ass crack of dawn, getting yourself ready, and walking all the way across campus in the freezing cold with nothing but a granola bar in your system. After sitting there, waiting for your professor to actually get to the point of the conversation, you realize there was no point of rolling your butt out of bed in the first place. So you walk the mile back to your dorm and try to nap while your roommate is spraying two cans of hairspray on her hair just to go to class. As the day goes on, not much changes. You sit through class after class as you try to keep your eyes open. You’re paying thousands of dollars just to sit in a room as a person babbles on about a subject that doesn’t even pertain to your future what-so-ever. Like seriously, biology environments of life to be an English major? Does that even make sense to you?! No, it doesn’t make sense to me either. As you sit in your devastatingly boring history class, staring at a map on the board as your scatter brained professor drones on and on and on about the Mughals of the Persians that has nothing to do with you now (that was 600 years ago), you’re stomach growls embarrassingly loud. Because, yes, you’ve barely eaten anything but a granola bar and fruit snacks (which you almost choked on) all day. The stupid meat head in front of you turns around and gives you a weird look because yes it was that loud. You give him the death stare because it’s not your fault you’re sitting in a crowded lecture hall and you just happen to be starving.  You’re eyes threaten to tell the girl sitting next to him how he has been talking about how hot she was and how he wanted to bang her ten minutes before she entered the classroom. I’m sure he couldn’t read my look, but I was thinking it…oh I was thinking it. How is it that every time it’s extremely quiet in the classroom your stomach decides to make this huge obnoxious noise? Yet ,when there’s all this hustle and bustle, no noise at all. Then you can’t even pay attention to the material in class because you’re too paranoid your stomach will growl like a freaking tractor roaring through the room.

Finally, the day is done. But no day is truly done in college. For there are chapters and chapters of reading that should have been done days ago. Surprise quizzes that you forgot you had because god forbid you don’t check your SYLLABUS ONE FREAKING DAY. Poems you have to analyze, papers to be written, drafts needed to be revised. Finally, it’s time to relax and hang out with your friends. You go to a concert with your roommate, and she sprains her ankle, making the rest of the night completely filled with tension – literally. But all is good again when you settle back and turn on MTV with some ramen. No good MTV show starts till 10, and by the time you watch all that, then get back to your homework, you don’t get to bed until 12. But that’s early for a college student, hey, at least you’ll get 7 hours of sleep. That’s so refreshing.

Okay, well I hope you all enjoyed that, and if not...that's ok. I probably wouldn't either, but maybe you can relate to my monday feelings.
Thank God for granola bars! Right?

Until next time,
Kaitie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment