Thursday, December 8, 2011

Men's Shoes

Good evening all, and happy Thursday! We've almost made it to the weekend. Very exciting!

I just had a random thought (what else is new?) today and needed to share it via blog. It probably won't be a long one...just an observation.

I've always had this theory about men. You can always tell what kind of a person a man is by the kind of shoes he wears, how often he wears them, and how worn down they are.
It's true. Show me a pair of shoes without me having met the guy or talked to him and I can tell you exactly what his personality is like.

Not trying to be judgmental or anything..which admittedly, I am. I wish I wasn't, but when it comes to shoes...I just have to be. Especially with guys. It's true, and if you've never noticed it before then you are WELCOME!
I just realized today that I needed to write about this because I saw this guy. He was super sexy, cute hair, nice eyes, tall, lean, wore a hoodie WITH a leather-jacket (not the weird kind, but the hot kind that only bassist's wear...don't even get me started on my love for bass players), nice jeans, and.........New Balance sneakers..eh.
I immediately was confused. Here was this extremely attactive individual wearing these shoes that only Steve Jobs and middle aged dad's can pull off.
ALRIGHT.

Here begins the analysis...I'll only use a few examples (for some reason my computer won't let me post pictures, which makes this problematic. I will allow you to use your imaginations/knowledge of men's shoes)

- New Balance Running shoes: smart, not necessarily a nerd, but pretty close, wears lighter washed jeans a lot, has a pretty boy hair cut, most likely wears glasses, funny

-Adidas David Beckham Rocoto/any indoor soccer shoes: aware of style, yet athletic, most likely on the thinner side, has probably played soccer at some point, has a buzz cut, likes to talk to compensate for his physical shortcomings, easy to please, not as good in bed

-Nike Basketball shoes: wears sweat pants a lot or jeans that hang too low, texts a lot, sleeps a lot, athletic--or at least thinks he is, good at flirting

-Vans slide on shoes: quirky, wears glasses because it's fashionable, not necessary, has funny jokes, doesn't talk much but when he does is comical, much knowledge of obscure television shows, music, and movies, loves comic books

-Vans skate shoes: may be stuck in the past, doesn't have many friends that are girls, likes to make fun of people

-Sperry boat shoes: always white, preppy-like, or at least is trying to be slightly, always smells good, OR could even be slightly anti-conformity (as weird as it sounds since, hey, they're Sperry's)

-Converse, classic low rise Chuck Taylors: much like the Vans slide on's, but can also be a bit tempermental/emotional, depending on how clean they are depends on how self-confident they are, the dirtier, the better the person, can also be great husband/boyfriend matieral, good at cooking, doesn't sweat the small stuff, is no stranger to beanie hats

-Converse, classic high rise Chuck Taylors: eh....artsy/likes to think he's alternative, once again definitely depends on the amount of wear and tear...otherwise hard to interpret

-Mocassins: most likely smokes a lot of weed or has before, enjoys comfort over style, good in bed, has lots of facial hair, tall

-Adidas daily athletic shoes: most likely your average guy, depending on color (white/black are most average), always responds to texts, laughs even when you're not funny, often spills beer among other things, likes only one type of music, great to bring home to mom and dad

-Leather-like boots for style: possibly gay, or metrosexual, older, into fashion, will take longer to get ready than you, rarely smiles, wears better sunglasses than you, good driver

-Leather-like boots for an actual duty: rugged, outdoorsy, likes country music, knows how to hunt, good kisser, strong, dependable, likes dogs, smells weird sometimes, sloppy drunk

-Western boots: may be off balance, a writer, talks slowly, licks his lips a lot, asks dumb questions, easy to talk to, though, really thick hair, most likely wears a leather jacket, even in the summer

-Crocs: eugh...just run

-Top slider oxfords: SEX...very much sex, british?, or over 40 (in that case...no sex, naughty girl)

-Men's Supra Stacks Skate shoes: cute, easy to talk to, average human, not the greatest looking, but has great features and an awesome personality, the guy you want to date but he's too much of a prude to ever go for it

-Etnies: most likely a douche

-Flip flops: most likely an even bigger douchebag, but if he's gay, he's awesome

-Average, everday Nike Air/Nike Dunk Low type shoes: marry him, good one, good in bed, can be quiet, but very caring and says funny things when you least expect it, lets you be neurotic, protective, smart, and hard-working

I'm sure I forgot many types of shoes and men for that matter, and for that I am sorry! And also, I know that most of the stuff above is far from true. What do I know? There could be the best guy in the world that wears Crocs or Flip flops?! But from my experiences, this is my list. Hopefully some of you girls agree.

The gist of it is....
You can tell a lot about a man by the type of shoes he wears. Am I right?

Until next time,

Kaitie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment